Friday 24 February 2012
2012 RHS Flower Show Tatton Park
Date: Wednesday 18 – Sunday 22 July 2012
18 July Open to RHS members
19-22 July Open to public
Time: 18-21 July 10am-6:30pm (Ladies Day on 19 July)
22 July 10am-5pm (sell off starts at 4pm)
Venue: Tatton Park, Mereheath Lane, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6QN
To buy tickets: www.rhs.org.uk 08448 713 079 Ticket prices range from £19.50 - £23 when booked in advance. Two children under 16 free with an accompanying full paying adult.
RHS show information: www.rhs.org.uk/Shows-Events 020 7649 1883
Encounter the very best that summer has to offer at this year’s RHS Flower Show Tatton Park where there’s definitely something for everyone. Be amazed by the creative flair and ingenuity of the range of Show Gardens or pick your favourite in the prestigious RHS National Young Designer of the Year Competition. Witness a true spectacle of new talent and themed gardens at the North’s greatest garden party or pick up top tips from the experts. Join in the popular Ladies Day on Thursday 19 July and glam up for this special day with the chance of being named Best Dressed at the Show.
This year the 2012 show is open to the public from Thursday 19 to Sunday 22 July (RHS members only 18 July) where the glorious summer spectacle includes:
• Orchestral Gardens, a new themed competition in which designers have been tasked to create a garden that reflects part of an Orchestra. There will be four gardens, each representing one instrumental group: brass, woodwind, strings and percussion
• The RHS and Groundworks UK will be producing a Show Feature designed by Chris Beardshaw to promote urban greening and gardening within the community
• The RHS National Flowerbed Competition for the first time has been given the theme ‘Celebration of Sport’ to celebrate the forthcoming Olympics, with each bed depicting a different sport
• The Floral Marquee, with its numerous nurseries and plant experts, not only has plants for sale but also sumptuous summer displays
• The RHS Talks Theatre will host a lively gardening/horticultural talks schedule headed up by our host Matthew Biggs. On Ladies Day (19 July) the special programme will include talks from up and coming fashion designers from the Manchester College of Art, along with floristry demonstrations and specialist talks throughout the day.
• Show Gardens - established top designers return alongside ambitious newcomers to create Tatton's much-admired Show Gardens, featuring designs inspired by a wide range of themes and social topics
• Back to Back Gardens - showcase talented designs for what can be achieved in a limited space
• Visionary Gardens will show challenging, complex and innovative designs that break the traditional mould.
The President’s Preview Dinner at the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park tickets are also now on sale. This wonderful evening will offer an exclusive, leisured preview of the stunning Floral Marquee and cutting edge Gardens before they are open to the public. This allows guests to savour the delights of the show in comfort and style and is undoubtedly the most stylish way to enjoy the greatest gardening show in the North.
Exclusive Tickets include:
• A private preview of the Floral Marquee and Garden Exhibits between 5.30pm and 7.00pm
• A drinks and canapé reception on arrival in the Floral Marquee
• A three course meal between 7pm and 10pm - for 2012 the RHS will again be partnering with the London Piccadilly caterers, Fortnum & Mason, so your guests can be treated to an elegantly prepared sumptuous three course dinner
• Your chance to bid for luxurious prizes in our live Charity Auction – back by popular demand, the excellent auctioneer Humphrey Butler returns to host this lively and entertaining auction
• A Show Catalogue & Souvenir Brochure
• Privilege car parking
• A ticket for a full day at the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park (Public Days Thursday 19 July - Sunday 22 July)
There are just 250 seats available, which will be sold on a first come first served basis. Tickets cost £120 per person with RHS members enjoying a saving of £5 per ticket (up to four tickets can be purchased at this rate per membership number). Bookings of fewer than 10 people will be on a shared table. Please note under 18s will not be admitted to this event.
If you would like to book please call 0845 370 0128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. We look forward to welcoming you to this wonderful evening.
For further information about RHS Flower Show Tatton Park, please contact Nicola Osmond-Evans email@example.com or Erin O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 821 3042/3364
Images of the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park are available to download for free from www.picselect.com
Notes to editors
About the RHS
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s foremost gardening charity, helping and inspiring millions of people to garden. We do this at our gardens and shows and through our scientific research, publications, libraries and our education and community programmes. We are entirely funded by our members, visitors and supporters.
RHS membership is for anyone with an interest in gardening. Support the RHS and secure a healthy future for gardening. For more information call: 0845 130 4646, or visit www.rhs.org.uk
RHS Registered Charity No. 222879/SC038262
RHS members are entitled to purchase four tickets in total at member rates.
Member Advance On the day
Wed 18 £25.50
Thu 19 £19.50 £28
Fri 20 £19.50 £28
Sat 21 £19.50 £28
Sun 22* £19.50 £28
Public Advance On the day
Thu 19 £23 £28
Fri 20 £23 £28
Sat 21 £23 £28
Sun 22* £23 £28
* Sunday 22 July: Show closes at 5.00pm. For 2012, each paying adult may bring two children aged 16 and under free of charge to the show.
* Ladies Day is on Thursday 19 July.
To book tickets over the phone please call 08448 713 079 (overseas visitors call +44 207 091 8911).
Bookings are subject to a handling fee (RHS members exempt)
NB Please note that pet dogs are not permitted in any of our showgrounds. Please do not leave dogs unattended in parked cars.
Group rates are available as follows:
Groups of 10+: £22 per person
Early bird: £21 (closes end of February 2012)
For group tickets, please call 08448 713 079 or book tickets online.